Sunday, January 17, 2010

Garmin Cradle Is There A Way To Fix My Garmin GPS That C340 I Accidentally Put Into My Washing Machine?

Is there a way to fix my Garmin GPS that c340 I accidentally put into my washing machine? - garmin cradle

Yes, you read it (all laugh at me add here).

Accidentally washed my Garmin C340 GPS in my washing machine (water, cycling and spin-all). I threw the GPS in my laundry basket set in my car (my garage is located right next to my laundry room, so I thought I could save a trip to and down the stairs). But on the way to my room, Laundy, put the laundry basket for a few minutes, took the basket 10 minutes later and forgot that the GPS is located on the corner of the basket and threw everything in my washing machine.

Note that the accident happened just before something in the dryer.

But it goes without saying that my GPS does not turn off at all.

I tried to open the drive and sun drying for 2-3 hours. But I had no luck, you get to reverse the instrument.

Just plugged into the docking station and tried to load a backup. No luck.

I called Garmin today and they told me it would cost $ 150 for the repair. Heck, you can only buy a new NUVI 200 to 150 $ now at Walmart.com.

So I thought to post here, to see if anyone had another idea that I could follow, I do not think.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

2 comments:

geog_ner... said...

My C340 is almost in ruins. Try setting up eBay to see if anyone would like to take this opportunity to buy parts. If you are also on sale, you must specify what on the disc so that the buyer does not get upset. But you are right will be able to buy a nuvi 200 for only $ 150. It is better to bite the bullet and a new unit.

GPS4ME said...

I see on eBay or Craigslist to see if you can buy a replacement value of $ 100 or less. The damage is there and nothing to cry over spilled milk, just take the loss and move on.
I recommend you consider using the purchase or the 260 Garmin Nuvi 260W, if you are the C340 and the nĂ¼vi 200 are used to, text to speech function that you have had on your Garmin Nuvi C340.

Sorry for your loss, but could have been worse.

Post a Comment